From: Draeven <draeven@××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Compile error on IDE Power Mac driver
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:12:55
1 Charles,
2
3 Please post the contents of your /etc/conf.d/net
4
5 Also, is your NIC driver built into the kernel or a module?
6
7 If it is modular, you can load it by using coldplug ("emerge coldplug")
8 or you can add the module to /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6.
9
10 HTH
11
12 Draeven
13
14 Charles Trois wrote:
15 > Matti Bickel a écrit le 11/11/2005
16 >
17 >> Charles Trois <charles.trois@×××××××.fr> wrote:
18 >>
19 >>> Mounting /dev for udev
20 >>> The "mount" command failed with error:
21 >>> wrong fstype, bad option, bad superblock on udev, or too many mounted
22 >>> file systems
25 >> Please check if you compiled support for tmpfs in your kernel. The
26 >> option is CONFIG_TMPFS. Do NOT make this a module.
27 >>
28 >> This is kinda wild guess, but it sounds like you're missing
29 >> kernel-support.
32 > Sorry for this late answer. Your guess was quite right and enabled me to
33 > get over that error. I then met various little problems that I was able
34 > to solve, but there remains a (hopefully) last one.
35 >
36 > The new error message is:
37 > Problem starting needed services
38 > "netmount" was not started.
39 >
40 > /etc/init.d/netmount start gives the same error. eth0 is not brought up
41 > and ifconfig lists only lo.
42 >
43 > What have I done wrong?
44 >