From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo PPC User <gentoo-ppc-user@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] installation woes
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 16:43:19
Wolf J. Flywheel wrote:
> On Thursday 22 May 2003 13:28, Andrew Gaffney wrote: > > >>I'm not really much of a Mac person (or atleast the OS). I'm trying to >>install Gentoo on my PowerMac 7500 that I just got last night. I have >>MacOS 7.5.2. It doesn't come with Netscape or BinHex or anything else >>useful. I have no way to get BootX, or Netscape, or StuffIt, or >>anything like that. I tried downloading the files I needed on my x86 >>Gentoo box and burning them to a CD. My Mac just saw the files as text >>files. What can I do? > Now you can do "hmount untitled" to mount a Mac-formatted floppy > ("hformat /dev/fd0" to make one); "hcopy -b aladdin_whatever untitled:" > (note the colon there, and read the hcopy manual to know why it's > needed!) to get the HQX file onto the disk and un-BinHexed.
upstairs d # hcopy -b aladdin_exp55.hqx untitled: hcopy: "./aladdin_exp55.hqx": hqx file header not found (Invalid argument) upstairs d # hcopy -b binhex4.bin untitled: hcopy: "binhex4.bin": hqx file header not found (Invalid argument) What does this mean? -- Andrew Gaffney -- gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] installation woes "Wolf J. Flywheel" <carl@×××××××.org>