From: Jean-Francis Roy <jeanfrancisroy@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] IBM Cell SDK on PS3
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 04:37:15
1 Hi!
2
3 My name is Jean-Francis Roy and I've got Gentoo up-and-running on a Sony
4 PS3.
5
6 I plan to use it to do scientific calculus using the libraries given on the
7 IBM Cell SDK, but I run into problems using them. My questions are:
10 - Is anybody providing ebuilds for them? I found a bug report about those
11 but it was close with a wontfix resolution. I emailed the originator of the
12 bug and he said he switched to another distribution that provided those
13 libraries.
14 - Have anybody got libraries like BLAS and LAPACK up-and-running with the
15 bindings to other languages? I succeded in binding BLAS to GSL (GNU
16 Scientific Library) but I get no chance with numpy (Python), multiplying big
17 matrices give me an error message from the ALF library, saying that
18 "alf_task_create" returned an error. I can't find out what is the problem...
21 Thanks a lot for you time!
24 Jean-Francis Roy
25 Laval University Grad Student