From: Christoph Wegener <c.wegener@××××××××.de>
To: JanJaap Diemel <janjaap@××××××××××.nl>
Cc: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Screen settings Imac DV
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 08:09:12
1 Hello,
2
3 start up your X server and run xvidtune. This will allow you to change
4 the settings of your current modeline.
5
6 Christoph
7
8 On Jul 16, 2004, at 9:04, JanJaap Diemel wrote:
9
10 > Hi there,
11 >
12 > I was wondering if someone has some experiences or found some software
13 > for
14 > changing the size of the screen of an Imac. I'm running Gentoo PPC with
15 > the Gnome desktop and a resolution of 1024x768, wich is running pretty
16 > well. The problem is that I don't use the entire screen, wich is a
17 > pitty.
18 > At the bottom I'm missing 2cm and on the top 1 cm.
19 >
20 > With the mac os you can change this settings from the control pannel,
21 > on
22 > other monitors there are mostly some buttons to correct this. On the
23 > Imac,
24 > there are no such buttons, so you realy need software to do so.
25 >
26 > Please let me know.
27 >
28 > Thanks,