From: Graham Forest <vladimir@g.o>
To: Gentoo Linux <gentoo-ppc-user@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Where's startx?
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 21:02:06
1 On Sun, 2003-06-29 at 22:47, Eric Pretorious wrote:
2 > On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Phil Cryer wrote:
3 >
4 > > > I emerge'd xeasyconf last night and ran Xeasyconf but there's no startx.
5 > > > What happened?
6 > >
7 > > Not sure where startx is, but you can always launch X via:
8 > >
9 > > # /etc/X11/X
10 > >
11 > > Perhaps you're trying to run it with a user that doesn't have
12 > > permissions to run it?
13 >
14 > After configuration, Xeasyconf says that X can be started using startx but
15 > startx isn't in root's path.
16 >
17 > When I execute /etc/X11/X I only get a black screen with the X-cursor.
18 >
19 > How do I kill X *without* having a backspace key?
20
21 Perhaps you need to env-update && source /etc/profile
22
23 To kill X, control-alt-delete will suffice
24
25 Graham