From: David Holm <dholm@g.o>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] 12" Clock that doesn't tick right.
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 20:57:34
1 I have the same problem with a 15.1" PB Ti G4/400 running ppc-sources-dev-2.4.22. I have not yet
2 had time to investigate it further though.
3
4 //David Holm
5
6 On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 22:44:02 +0200
7 Folken <folken@××××××××××.ch> wrote:
8
9 > Hi,
10 >
11 > I have a 12" powerbook with gentoo running 2.4.21 from the ppc-sources.
12 > While most things run fine, I am having difficulties with a very
13 > undiscplined clock. It runs fast and sometimes slow... I am not dual
14 > booting with OSX so that shouldn't be an issue either. I have also
15 > removed NTPD from the startup scripts.
16 >
17 > In the kernel the /dev/nvram and advanced rtc are disabled.
18 >
19 > after removing /etc/adjtime and setting the clock up with utc and the
20 > /etc/localtime as well to utc, i still get major drift:
21 >
22 > cat /etc/adjtime
23 > -86399.772241 1065167583 0.000000
24 > 1065167583
25 > UTC
26 >
27 > The time seems to vary from boot up to boot up. Also I am unsure wheter
28 > the cpu frequency which, readjusts itself when i plug the device, might
29 > affect the clock speed.
30 >
31 > Does anybody have anything I could try, or maybe even got it working?
32 >
33 > - folken
34 >
35 > --