From: Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
To: Phil Cryer <phil@×××××.us>
Cc: gentoo-ppc-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Gentoo 1-4.rc7 LiveCD on a 350Mhz iMac - X trouble
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 16:28:22
1 I have it running on my imac 233mhz
2
3 Xeasyconf select auto and 16 bit depth should work if you boot using live
4
5 On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, Phil Cryer wrote:
6
7 > I downloaded and burned the live GentooPPC with Gnome. Tried it out on my
8 > daughters 350Mhz (slot loading) iMac with 512Megs RAM. Disk boots up fine and
9 > get's into Gentoo (so nice to see on her little iMac), but once I get done
10 > running Xeasyconf, I can't get X running. No screens found regardless of how
11 > many times I try/retry to configure the video. Does anyone have this running?
12 > What settings were used?
13 >
14 > It's very exciting to have this option, should be fun to start mailing my
15 > Maconly friends some cdrs with this for them to try out. I'm planning on trying
16 > it out here at work today on a dual 800 box too.
17 >
18 > Thanks
19 > P
20 >