From: Y-Lan Boureau <blauenote@×××××.fr>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] date and time set to April 1976
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 21:37:29
  I've recently installed gentoo on a G4 TiBook and it's working fine.
  However, I have a couple of unresolved problems, one of which being,  the system doesn't remember the date. I had entered the correct date  when installing, but it always follow the system date instead (the date  that appears in Open Firmware when I boot it) and I have to reset the  correct date every time I boot (otherwise I get compilation errors  warning that I'm installing files that got modified in the future).
  The system date turned back to April 1976 when I zapped the PRAM and  NVRAM because it was impossible to boot Mac OS ; then I installed  Gentoo and ever since it goes back again and again to 1976 (time is not  stuck though ; time passing seems to be accurate, only, it is  translated back to April 1976).
  I tried to guess how to reset time and date in Open Firmware by typing  commands that seemed appropriate (I tried "date" "set-date",  "setdate"), but nothing worked :-(
  Does anyone know a fix to this -- either, how I could set correct time  and date in Open Firmware, or allow Linux to remember its own time and  date ?

 Nouveau : téléphonez moins cher avec Yahoo! Messenger ! Découvez les tarifs exceptionnels pour appeler la France et l'international.Téléchargez la version beta.