From: Joseph Jezak <josejx@g.o>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] "yabootconfig: /dev/ROOT: No such file or directory" why?
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 01:54:06
mv.1001 wrote:
> Hi, > I have a problem here. I follow everything step by step from handbook. but > it always stopped here. I tried many time and searched it in google. but > Can't find answers. > the problem is: > After I install yaboot in chroot environment. then I exit it, and try > "yabootconfig --chroot /mnt/gentoo". but I got "yabootconfig: /dev/ROOT: No > such file or directory". I guess it's fstab problem, but how to mount > Apple_Bootstrap in fstab? > Anyone can help me? > > Thanks in Adv. > > James >
You're close with suspecting that it's an fstab issue, but the issue is actually that you haven't defined your root partition in the fstab. This is set to a nonsense value of "/dev/ROOT" by default and it must be changed before running yabootconfig. With the default partition layout shown in the handbook, the root partition line would be changed to say "/dev/hda3". Hope that helps, -Joe