From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Building new kernel - a few questions
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 20:14:53
1 On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 1:06 PM, matt hull <mattmatteh@×××.com> wrote:
4 > > > The one problem I'm having right now is that when I try to shut the
5 > > >
6 > > machine down it hangs on 'Unloading Alsa modules". Only way out so far
7 > > is the power switch. I'm scanning around for info on this sort of
8 > > problem but haven't found anyone else reporting it as of yet. Not a
9 > > good problem but the machine is at least usable.
12 > i still need to file a bug on that. its been a problem for a long time
13 > now. i dont reboot. there is an easy fix; one line in
14 > etc/init.d/alsasound someone on #gentoo told me how, but i ran an update
15 > and lost it... oops.
16 >
17 Bummer that you lost it.
18
19 I filed a bug on it in the Alsa-Devel Mantis system over the weekend.
20 If you can spend a minute and add your inputs that would be cool.
21 Here's the link:
22
23 https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=3911
24
25 If you think this is a Gentoo specific issue please let me know. If I
26 never start Alsa then I have no problem rebooting and since the init
27 script seems to have been written by Gentoo folks maybe it's not an
28 Alsa issue?
29
30 I wish you hadn't lost that fix! :-)
31
32 BTW - completely repeatable. I rebuilt the machine from scratch over
33 the weekend and got exactly the same results.
34
35 Cheers,
36 Mark
37 --