From: Enlightened User <linux@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Re: New install - Unable to get my ppc Mac Mini to boot the root partition
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 23:31:35
1 Could the root device now be referred to as /dev/sda4 (SCSI Disk
2 support) with the kernel now loading?
3 You should be able to pass the root device to the kernel at boot time
4 (root=/dev/sda4).
5 If you are able to get past the root filesystem check (the disk is
6 referred to as sda instead of hda), then you will need to update your /
7 etc/fstab to reflect the different device names.
8
9 Barry
10