From: Rod Furey <rod@×××××××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Boot trouble
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 10:24:52
1 On 13 Oct 2005, at 18:15, <nova@×××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > mounting /dev for udev... [oops]
4 > mount failed with error:
5 > wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on udev, or too many mounted
6 > filesystems
7 > since this is a critical task, startup cannot continue
8 > give root password for matienance or Control-D to continue:
9 > I used to be able to type Control-D to reboot or password to enter
10 > system,
11
12 I used to get this error with devfs and a few other things on an old
13 release
14 (2004.3). Switching to udev, re-emerging pam and something else (dunno
15 what off the top of my head and the notes are somewhere in
16 the house move boxes).
17
18 Since you already have udev though this isn't necessarily useful info.
19
20 Obvious question: you did disable the devfs mount in the kernel build?
21
22 Rod (not necessarily useful info but may get someone thinking)
25 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list