From: Ben Sayer <bsayer@×××××××.net>
To: gentooppc-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-user] Read Only Filesystem..
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 11:31:26
Well heck, if that's the case one need not get the initrd image I
modified. Simply (<shrug> I didn't know how) remount as rw and update
resolv.conf with one's DNS address(s) and create the following symlinks:

/usr/bin/cat -> /bin/busybox
/usr/bin/cut -> /bin/busybox
/usr/bin/clear -> /bin/busybox
/sbin/ifconfig -> /bin/busybox

I created them as 'hard' links, but that may not be necessary.

These are all the changes I made to the ramdisk image.