From: Ben Sayer <bsayer@×××××××.net>
To: gentooppc-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-user] Read Only Filesystem..
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 11:31:26
1 Well heck, if that's the case one need not get the initrd image I
2 modified. Simply (<shrug> I didn't know how) remount as rw and update
3 resolv.conf with one's DNS address(s) and create the following symlinks:
4
5 /usr/bin/cat -> /bin/busybox
6 /usr/bin/cut -> /bin/busybox
7 /usr/bin/clear -> /bin/busybox
8 /sbin/ifconfig -> /bin/busybox
9
10 I created them as 'hard' links, but that may not be necessary.
11
12 These are all the changes I made to the ramdisk image.
13
14 --Ben
15
16 >Not sure what's causing the problem, but try:
17 ># mount / -o remount,rw
18 >
19 >Chris@××××××.net wrote:
20 >
21 >>I'm made progress made on the tips Ben's given but I I'm stuck.. When
22 >>I load the ramdisk (I download Ben's modified one) everything seems to
23 >>go ok, except that it mounts read only.. so I can't edit the
24 >>resolv.conf to setup nameservers nor mkdir /mnt/gentoo to chroot into
25 >>to get setup. Am I missing something? I didn't want waste anyone's
26 >>time asking dumb questions but i've rtfm and i'm stuck..