From: Ben Sayer <bsayer@×××××××.net>
To: gentooppc-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-user] Read Only Filesystem..
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 11:35:11
1 BTW, I used the existing /mnt/linux to do the install rather than create
2 /mnt/gentoo in the ramdisk image. Now that we are enlightened on the
3 remount option that change should be noted in the BootX troubleshooting
4 doc in addition to the symlinks and resolv.conf change.
5
6 >>I'm made progress made on the tips Ben's given but I I'm stuck.. When
7 >>I load the ramdisk (I download Ben's modified one) everything seems to
8 >>go ok, except that it mounts read only.. so I can't edit the
9 >>resolv.conf to setup nameservers nor mkdir /mnt/gentoo to chroot into
10 >>to get setup. Am I missing something? I didn't want waste anyone's
11 >>time asking dumb questions but i've rtfm and i'm stuck..
14 >> Chris
15 >>
17 >>gentooppc-user mailing list
18 >>gentooppc-user@g.o