From: marciot <marciot@×××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentooppc-user@g.o
Subject: [gentooppc-user] PPC keyword: alsa-utils-0.9.0_rc2.ebuild (plus silly kmix question)
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 18:42:39
1 Heh, I'm keeping you guys busy :)
2
3 I've installed "alsa-utils-0.9.0_rc2.ebuild" and it works fine. I have not
4 tried rc3 because my alsa-libs are rc2. "amixer" runs fine and lets me change
5 the various sound levels.
8 On a somewhat unrelated note, one thing I noticed is that "kmix" controls are
9 all scrambled. For example, the control labeled "Line" actually controls the
10 microphone recording level. There are other inconsistencies. "amixer" seems to
11 be much smarter about this than "kmix". Anyhow, this isn't a Gentoo problem
12 (I've seen it on all the Linux distributions I've tried on this machine) but I
13 would be curious to know if anyone has an easy fix for this.
14
15 Thanks,
16
17 Marcio Luis Teixeira