From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Mac Mini PPC - Is this the right list?
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 16:40:00
On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 9:29 AM, Terin Stock <terinstock@×××××××××.net> wrote:
> yep, you got the right list. it's kind of slow, but someone will answer your > question >
Thanks Terin, I got a little bored waiting for a response so I got started on my install. Things are going fine so far. I'm into the chroot and downloading a new kernel now. This is my first PPC machine. I have used Gentoo for years as a user type so I've probably built 30 x86 boxes but never a PPC so I wasn't sure how to configure the kernel by hand so I swiped the /proc/config.gz fine from the CD boot environment and pushed it down into the chroot to use to configure my first PPC kernel. Does that sound reasonable for a Mac Mini? I ran make oldconfig and just hit enter until it finished. I figured if that kernel config could boot the machine from the CD it should be OK for a first kernel from the hard drive. Would you agree? Cheers, Mark -- gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Mac Mini PPC - Is this the right list? matt hull <mattmatteh@×××.com>