From: "Joao F. Serejo" <lx90@×××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] Rsync ERROR
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 18:52:02
1 After some (lot's of them) time using gentoo on a iBook2.2 an
2 error of mine updating the base layout i had to reeinstal gentoo
3 from the new build 1.4 cd's but in the same maner - without grp,
4 starting from stage1, and configuring all from there. The
5 installation went preety wel, and i end with a fresh instaled gentoo
6 system... But! when i done my first Rsync i have been warned by the
7 follow message:
8
9 !!! Rsync has reported that there is a File IO error. Normally
10 !!! this means your disk is full, but can be caused by corruption
11 !!! on the filesystem that contains PORTDIR. Please investigate
12 !!! and try again after the problem has been fixed.
13 !!! PORTDIR=/usr/portage
14
15 The system is booting, emerging, working fine (no data filesystem
16 correction error or warnings in dmesg or log's)... and my disk is 30%
17 full ???
18
19 Can someone help!? Thank's in advanced
22 Please, don't send me any attachment in M$ format. Thank You!
23 <http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>
24
25 Sincerely, Joao Serejo, <lx90@×××××××.pt>, Lisbon - Portugal.
28 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list