From: Y-Lan Boureau <blauenote@×××××.fr>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] date and time set to April 1976
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 13:55:07
No, the battery is not dead - I've keeped the computer unplugged for hours a number of times, and time was still passing, moving from April 10th to April 11th and so on.
 What happened was I never gave a chance to the hardware clock to get back to 2006, after I resetted it to 1976 by zapping the PRAM and NVRAM.
 But then after people from this mailing list kindly told me how to set hardware clock to system time, the clock was back to 2006 at last.
 So this problem is solved for good :-)

On 2006-02-14, at 20:19, Y-Lan Boureau wrote:

> Thanks everyone :-)) > > My system date is back to 2006 ! > > Cheers, > > Y-Lan
Having a dead battery, system clock resets to it's initial value only when I: 1. Turn off the power 2. Plug off power cord for a while, i.e. when I take the computer to a different location. 5 minutes is enough. Simple restart is not enough. System clock is running like the circuit that lets to turn on machine "softly" - with power button on the keyboard. If you use oldworld machine and need to boot the old Mac OS system before running BootX, you can expect the machine to "forget" where is the startup volume too. With these information you should quickly find if battery needs to be replaced. Regards Bartek -- gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list --------------------------------- Nouveau : téléphonez moins cher avec Yahoo! Messenger ! Découvez les tarifs exceptionnels pour appeler la France et l'international.Téléchargez la version beta.