From: eric.partington@×××.com
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] Still problems with trackpad and Wallstreet
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 17:06:09
1 Thanks for the hint about compiling with synaptics, however on close
2 inspection of my kernel options I found no such thing. There was no support
3 in the kernel for trackpads tat I could see. The kernel I am using is
4 2.4.24-Ben0, is there a better kernel to use? I have seen many people
5 trying 2.6 kernels. Is there more support for trackpads in that kernel?
6 Also the error that I get when trying o use startX is (EE) xf86OpenSerial:
7 Cannot open device /dev/mouse no such file or directory (twice in list
8 (EE) Mouse0: cannot open input device
9 (EE) Preinit failed fro input device "Mouse0"
10 No core pointer
11
12 fatal server error
13 failed to init core devices
14
15 at the end it says :
16 X10: fatal error IO error 104
17
18 then that's the end, any one have any hints for me?
19
20 Eric Partington
25 ------------------------------------------------------------
26 This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not
27 waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of
28 this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient
29 is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by
30 return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.
31
32 Ce courrier électronique est confidentiel et protégé. L'expéditeur ne renonce
33 pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent. Toute diffusion, utilisation
34 ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne
35 autre que le (les) destinataire(s) désigné(s) est interdite. Si vous recevez
36 ce courrier électronique par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser immédiatement, par
37 retour de courrier électronique ou par un autre moyen.
38