From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Can I force USB drives' device name?
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 06:22:56
1 On Tue, 3 May 2005 19:34:32 -0400, Carl Hudkins wrote:
2
3 > What I'd like to know is whether or not it's possible to make the
4 > floppy drive, for example, *always* /dev/sdb, even if it's plugged in
5 > by itself. This would simplify life by allowing me to have /etc/fstab
6 > always know where the floppy drive is, make desktop icons, etc.
7
8 With suitable udev rules, you can name them anything you like, say /dev/
9 floppy and /dev/jumpdisk. See http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/udev-guide.xml
10 and http://www.reactivated.net/udevrules.php
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 "Email is not to be used to pass on information or data. It should be
17 used only for company business."