From: Joseph Jezak <josejx@g.o>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] xorg.conf for Mac G4 mini
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 15:20:53
1 David Friedlander wrote:
2 > Hello, all!
3 >
4 > I'm having the damnedest time getting X to run on my Mac Mini 1.25Ghz
5 > (Radeon 9200 processor). I've wasted a lot of time following various
6 > web instructions, but to no avail. One issue, of course, is the right
7 > xorg.conf file. Another one may be (in some people's opinion is)
8 > arguments to the Linux kernel/yaboot.
9 >
10 > I see on this list that there has been some discussion on this
11 > subject. However, the configuration files that apparently were once
12 > posted on web sites are no longer available.
13 >
14 > I wonder if anyone who has done this would be willing to part with the
15 > sacred mysteries.
16 >
17 > David
18 >
19 To begin with, as directed in the Gentoo PPC FAQ, make sure that you've
20 set the correct framebuffer device. You can check which one you have set
21 by running Xorgautoconfig --dump. If you could paste that info into a
22 message, that would be helpful too. What exactly is the problem that
23 you're having? Most machines actually configure themselves automatically
24 now without an xorg.conf file.
25
26 -Joe