From: Joseph Jezak <josejx@g.o>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] xorg.conf for Mac G4 mini
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 15:20:53
David Friedlander wrote:
> Hello, all! > > I'm having the damnedest time getting X to run on my Mac Mini 1.25Ghz > (Radeon 9200 processor). I've wasted a lot of time following various > web instructions, but to no avail. One issue, of course, is the right > xorg.conf file. Another one may be (in some people's opinion is) > arguments to the Linux kernel/yaboot. > > I see on this list that there has been some discussion on this > subject. However, the configuration files that apparently were once > posted on web sites are no longer available. > > I wonder if anyone who has done this would be willing to part with the > sacred mysteries. > > David >
To begin with, as directed in the Gentoo PPC FAQ, make sure that you've set the correct framebuffer device. You can check which one you have set by running Xorgautoconfig --dump. If you could paste that info into a message, that would be helpful too. What exactly is the problem that you're having? Most machines actually configure themselves automatically now without an xorg.conf file. -Joe

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] xorg.conf for Mac G4 mini Joseph Jezak <josejx@g.o>