From: Marko Vallius <marko.vallius@×××.fi>
To: Gentoo Linux <gentoo-ppc-user@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] yaboot --chroot???
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 06:40:23
1 On Sat, 28 Jun 2003, Eric Pretorious wrote:
2 > I've made it *almost* all the way through the installation on my PB G3 but
3 > can seem to overcome one last obstacle: yaboot. When I run `yabootconfig`
4 > it complains that it "could not determine necessary information" and asks
5 > "Are you using chroot yabootconfig instead of yabootconfig --chroot?"
6
7 Sounds familiar. yabootconfig cannot be run inside the chroot
8 environment. Exit chroot and run "yabootconfig --chroot /mnt/gentoo"
9 (assuming you have the chroot environment in /mnt/gentoo).
10
11 You may have to umount your cdrom first; yabootconfig on my iBook just
12 did nothing forever, until I did that. YMMV.
13
14 And so it begins...
17 Marko Vallius <marko.vallius@×××.fi> # http://iki.fi/markvall/
20 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list