From: Erik Zeek <zeekec@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] openoffice
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 11:48:16
1 On Thursday 02 June 2005 07:14 am, Peter Kiraly wrote:
2 > Hello there!
3 >
4 > This time I try this forum. ;)
5 > So more user can learn from my mistakes...
6 >
7 > My problem:
8 >
9 > I have tried to emerge openoffice (1.1.4-r1), but somehow it did not
10 > work. I tried three times: first, after four hours of compiling had a
11 > failure, the second try locked the whole computer, the third try failed
12 > after about 20 minutes (somewhere around berkleydb, had a segmentation
13 > problem).
14 > At the beginning the compiling process has a notification about that
15 > it's not an easy task, and openoffice is vulnerable for some chflags
16 > settings. (Beside it's a huge package).
17 > Is there a special way to emerge openoffice, or shall i just go with the
18 > -bin package?
19 >
20 > Oh, by the way. My hw is a PegasosII with G4...
21
22 Do you have kernel preemption enabled? I had problems like that when I did.
23 Kernel preemption is broken on PPC.
24
25 You can also restart the ebuild with the "ebuild" command, so you don't loose
26 any work that has been done. ("ebuild <path to ebuild> merge")
27
28 Good luck,
29 Erik
32 > --