From: David Gurvich <david.gurvich@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Installing Gentoo on a Powermac G5
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 20:54:08
The video should not be a big problem.  If you are going to use xorg-7.1, make
sure to apply the patch to the ati driver.  I could not get xorg.conf set up
correctly, until Xorgautoconfig gave me a starting point.

I haven't used ppc64, but many of the developers are doing so.  In fact, I've
had to add ppc to ebuilds that had ppc64 in the KEYWORDS, but not ppc.  I
don't know about mixing ppc32 and ppc64 apps, but perhaps a chroot
environment such as that used in amd64 might be possible.

-- *--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--* KMail on Gentoo/PPC -- gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list