From: Nicholas S-A <nova@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] problems with PowerBook G4
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 02:43:55
Thank you so much! That worked to get over the prom_init.
unfortunately, I still cannot boot. It gets a kernel panic wand
VFS: unable to open root "/dev/hda11" or unknown-block(0,0)
add root= with correct root device to boot line
kernel panic - cannot open root filesystem
reboot in 180 seconds...
I used "/dev/hda9" (my boot partition), "/dev/ram0", "hd:11", etc in
various combinations as kernel options for root= and real_root=	. with
root=/dev/ram0 and real_root=/dev/hda11, it said unknown-block(1,0)
instead. Is there an easy fix for this? should I be using OF or Linux
HD naming? any other ideas?
thank you so much again,