From: Nicholas S-A <nova@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] problems with PowerBook G4
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 02:43:55
1 Thank you so much! That worked to get over the prom_init.
2 unfortunately, I still cannot boot. It gets a kernel panic wand
3 outputs:
4 VFS: unable to open root "/dev/hda11" or unknown-block(0,0)
5 add root= with correct root device to boot line
6 kernel panic - cannot open root filesystem
7 reboot in 180 seconds...
8 I used "/dev/hda9" (my boot partition), "/dev/ram0", "hd:11", etc in
9 various combinations as kernel options for root= and real_root= . with
10 root=/dev/ram0 and real_root=/dev/hda11, it said unknown-block(1,0)
11 instead. Is there an easy fix for this? should I be using OF or Linux
12 HD naming? any other ideas?
13 thank you so much again,
14 Nick