From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Building new kernel - a few questions
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 20:28:37
1 On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 1:18 PM, matt hull <mattmatteh@×××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Apr 21, 2008, at 3:14 PM, Mark Knecht wrote:
6 > > I filed a bug on it in the Alsa-Devel Mantis system over the weekend.
7 > > If you can spend a minute and add your inputs that would be cool.
8 > > Here's the link:
11 > i though it was a gentoo bug. is etc/init.d/alsasound gentoo or alsa ?
12
13 It has Gentoo headers in it so I assume Gentoo but I don't know really.
18 > > https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=3911
19 > >
20 > > If you think this is a Gentoo specific issue please let me know. If I
21 > > never start Alsa then I have no problem rebooting and since the init
22 > > script seems to have been written by Gentoo folks maybe it's not an
23 > > Alsa issue?
24 > >
25 > > I wish you hadn't lost that fix! :-)
28 > i think it was more of a hack, not a fix.
31 I filed a post in the Forum to see if other PPC users know what to do.
32 Searching for 'Alsa hang' didn't turn up anything that made sense to
33 me. Here's the link
34
35 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-689219.html
36
37 thanks for your help. I really do appreciate it.
38
39 cheers,
40 Mark
41 --