From: Ben Ricker <bricker@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] Kernel Bug?
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 13:56:13
1 I had a weird problem with a Gentoo install on a Mac G3 MT with a G4
2 upgrade card. After doing the stage 3 install, I rebooted into OS 9 and
3 setup Bootx to boot off the newly setup partition. As it started to do
4 the init load, it came to a message saying there were errors on the /
5 partition (the only partition). It started running fsck.ext3 (it is an
6 ext3 file system). Then, this error pops up:
7
8 kernel bug at page_alloc.c:233
9 Vector:0 at pc=c003382c,lr=c0033826
10 msr-9032,sp=e13bdda0 {e13bdcd8
11 current=e13bc000,pid=1337,comm=fsck.ext3
12
13 This was using Benh's 2.4.22r2 (I believe). I then recompiled the kernel
14 using the default ppc-sources (2.4.21r2), rebooted and got the same
15 error.
16
17 So, I booted back to the CD, ran fsck.ext3 manually, and it worked fine.
18 The kernel on the disk then booted fine.
19
20 Any ideas?
21
22 Ben Ricker