From: Marko Vallius <marko.vallius@×××.fi>
To: Gentoo Linux <gentoo-ppc-user@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Choosing a window manager (KDE)
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 06:17:11
1 On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Eric Pretorious wrote:
2 > I've read the Desktop Configuration Guide and have sucessfully installed
3 > kdebase. When I start kdm, though, I still get the spartan twm.
4
5 Just to make sure: when you start kdm, you do get kdm first, don't you?
6 Assuming you do, you should be able to select kde from the little
7 drop-down list. The default is Xsession, which gives you just twm.
8
9 If there is no drop-down list, it could be you are running xdm. Did you
10 remember to set DISPLAYMANAGER=kdm in your /etc/rc.conf?
11
12 If you get twm straight away without a login screen, then I guess you're
13 not starting any display manager... Are you using startx? What you get
14 with startx depends on what your XSESSION setting in /etc/rc.conf is
15 set to.
18 Marko Vallius <marko.vallius@×××.fi> # http://iki.fi/markvall/
21 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list