From: Ben Ricker <bricker@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] Problem booting BootX 1.2.3
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 16:34:09
1 I am trying to boot the minimal live-cd and am having all kinds of
2 issues, the main one being I cannot get it to boot.
3
4 I am using the G4 kernel (I have a beige PMac G3 with a G4 upgrade
5 card). In the kernel arguments, I have "init=linuxrc". I also changed
6 the size of the Ramdisk to "17000". I transferred the ramdisk from the
7 CD to the hard drive, as well as the kernel.
8
9 BootX sees the linuxrc as it starts attampting to execute the script,
10 but it bombs all over the place. It does not find the
11 /etc/2.6.3-benh2-G4.autoload (No such file and directory). It cannot
12 find the "livecd.gcloop" and then spouts a number of "No such files or
13 directory" for "dev", "home", etc.
14
15 It ends with a kernel panic: "A ttempted to kill init!"
16
17 I also tried adding "dev=/dev/ram0" and "root=/dev/ram0" to the kernel
18 arguments.
19
20 Any ideas?
21