From: Rod Furey <rod@×××××××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Problems booting...still
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 15:46:30
On 28 Oct 2005, at 17:04, <nova@×××××××××××××.com> wrote:

> What should I be using instead of devfs?
udev - I'd expect the newer profiles to use this by default... The battery on my iMac is stuffed as well. However when the system is shutdown it syncs the time with the h/ware clock so it's not too far out when it comes back up again. A swift ntp sync sorts it out. OS X on the other hand (at least 10.1.5 which is all I've got on that machine - dunno about 10.3 as it won't install)... OS X on the other hand insists on thinking it's 1970 or some such... (Not too much useful info but...) Rod -- gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list