From: David Gurvich <david.gurvich@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] ATI configuration?
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 12:00:54
1 There is an ebuild Xorgautoconfig specifically for this purpose. The
2 generated xorg.conf needs some slight adjustments but seems to give good
3 results.
4 On Thursday 04 May 2006 7:34 am, Mark M. Hart wrote:
5 > I have a beige G3 desktop 233mhz with 512M ram that has an ATI chipset on
6 > the motherboard and an ATI chipset in a PCI VGA card (which the monitor is
7 > attached to). When I use xorgconfig I have to use fbdev as the ati choice
8 > will not work on testing. This gives me a 1280x1024 screen which works
9 > well on a 17” monitor, but the colors are all wrong.
13 > When I use Xorg –configure I get a working configuration with the ati
14 > driver, but the screen is (maybe) 640x480 and that’s it. I’ve tried
15 > merging the two files in every combination I can think of, and am not
16 > getting anywhere.
20 > Thanks in advance for your help!
24 > Mark M. Hart
27 Kmail on Gentoo/PPC