From: David Gurvich <david.gurvich@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] ATI configuration?
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 12:00:54
There is an ebuild Xorgautoconfig specifically for this purpose.  The
generated xorg.conf needs some slight adjustments but seems to give good
On Thursday 04 May 2006 7:34 am, Mark M. Hart wrote:
> I have a beige G3 desktop 233mhz with 512M ram that has an ATI chipset on > the motherboard and an ATI chipset in a PCI VGA card (which the monitor is > attached to). When I use xorgconfig I have to use fbdev as the ati choice > will not work on testing. This gives me a 1280x1024 screen which works > well on a 17” monitor, but the colors are all wrong. > > > > When I use Xorg –configure I get a working configuration with the ati > driver, but the screen is (maybe) 640x480 and that’s it. I’ve tried > merging the two files in every combination I can think of, and am not > getting anywhere. > > > > Thanks in advance for your help! > > > > Mark M. Hart
-- Kmail on Gentoo/PPC -- gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
RE: [gentoo-ppc-user] ATI configuration? "Mark M. Hart" <markmhart@×××××.com>
RE: [gentoo-ppc-user] ATI configuration? "Mark M. Hart" <markmhart@×××××.com>