From: Mark Guertin <gerk@g.o>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] xfree-4.2.99.4 ebuild
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 18:00:41
1 On February 5, 2003 08:34 am, Stefan Boresch wrote:
2 > ouch! I incidentally emerged 4.2.99.4 yesterday (and I had
3 > installed the deps before without problems, probably because I
4 > don't run KDE and had other stuff recompiled with the new
5 > fontconfig and xft). HOWEVER, 4.2.99.4 was unusable on my
6 > machine (ibook2, ATI Rage card, gcc 3.2.1pre20030131, -O3)
7 > All apps that did not come with the xfree package segfault (Sig 11)
8 > upon startup (emacs, mozilla, xmaxima), only stuff like xterm and
9 > glxgears worked. I didn't file a bug report and didn't investigate
10 > since I had to get my machine back in working order ...
11 > [NB: I haven't seen a single Sig 11 error on this machine, and
12 > the previous ~ppc X runs without a hitch (aside from the need to
13 > disable AGP to get sleep to work properly)] So maybe one should
14 > compile a list of platforms (hardware, gcc, optimization) on which
15 > 4.2.99.4 works fine?
18 Would be curious to see the output of emerge info .. I am running the .4 here
19 and it is running beautifully, even with dri et all. Getting 1400fps w/
20 glxgears on my radeon 7500 + quicksilver G4 makes me very happy :)
21
22 Gerk
25 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list