From: Eric Robertson <erobertson@××××××××××××.gov>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] pbbuttonsd question
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 13:38:51
1 I have an ATI card that is using the generic radeon driver at the
2 moment. Yes, lcd brightness is working & the so is the ambient light
3 snesor - I base that claim ont he fact that the lcd brightness changes
4 intensity when i turn off the lights.
5
6 Eric
7
8 JOAN MASSICH VALL wrote:
9 > Do you have working the lcd brightness??, what kind of grafic card do you
10 > have?. I'm using a 12" pbook 867Mhz with a gentoo from two years ago and I
11 > don't check hardware configuration since a long time ago. Is the nvidia
12 > and lcd light runing??
13 >
14 > tnks, (& sorry for my english)
17 >> I am running gentoo on a 15" aluminum powerbook. I am using the
18 >> 2.6.16.r kernel and pbbuttonsd 0.7.4. I have been going over the man
19 >> pages & online documentation but cannot figure out how to get the
20 >> illuminated keyboard working. pbbuttonsd does not error during load.
21 >> The pbbuttonsd.conf file has not been modified from the default at the
22 >> moment. i2c-dev is compiled into the kernel, not as a module. The LCD
23 >> brightness buttons work but the keyboard light buttons dont. The
24 >> ambient light sensor appears to working because the lcd automatically
25 >> adjusts brightness when I turn out the lights. There are 8 i2c devices
26 >> in /dev.
27 >>
28 >> What dependencies does i2c have? what dependencies does pbbuttonsd have?
29 >>
30 >> Thanks for your input...
31 >>
32 >> Eric Robertson