From: Joseph Jezak <josejx@g.o>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] XOrg upgrade problems
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 17:37:25
1 Ajai Khattri wrote:
2 >
3 > The recent xorg upgrade has basically disabled my desktop. Im using an
4 > aging G3 Mac (Blue & White) with an ATi Rage 128 card and have spent a
5 > long time going through upgrade guides and Googling. Yes,Ive rebuilt
6 > my drivers. Yes I have the hal USE flag enabled. Yes, my input device
7 > is set as per the upgrade guide.
8 >
9 > The error with my old config is the "R128(0): Failed to open
10 > framebuffer" error. I also tried rebuilding my xorg.conf and also
11 > tried removing it entirely to see if autodetection would work (it
12 > didn't).
13 >
14 > So, does anyone have a sane working xorg.conf file for G3 PPC machines?
18 Do you have the R128 framebuffer built into your kernel?
19
20 -Joe