From: Stefan Bruda <bruda@×××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] Udev events break ALSA?
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 16:06:55

When I insert a USB PCMCIA card, and when I connect my Palm OS based
PDA the annoying side effect is that ALSA dies and needs restarting.
On the other hand this is not manifested when plugging in and out: USB
mice, USB mass storage devices (into the built-in USB hub), USB
printers.  I do not think I tried anything else, at leats I cannot
remember more.

Of course, I _think_ the problem comes from udev, I have no idea what
to try to diaagnose it further.  Has anybody seen anything like this?

Running sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-2.6.15-r1 (supplies the ALSA
drivers), sys-fs/udev-084, media-libs/alsa-lib-1.0.10,
media-sound/alsa-utils-1.0.10, media-sound/alsa-tools-1.0.10 on a
Tibook rev. IV (PowerBook3,5).

Many thanks in advance,

If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't.  That's logic.
    --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list