From: Stefan Bruda <bruda@×××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] Udev events break ALSA?
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 16:06:55
1 Hi,
2
3 When I insert a USB PCMCIA card, and when I connect my Palm OS based
4 PDA the annoying side effect is that ALSA dies and needs restarting.
5 On the other hand this is not manifested when plugging in and out: USB
6 mice, USB mass storage devices (into the built-in USB hub), USB
7 printers. I do not think I tried anything else, at leats I cannot
8 remember more.
9
10 Of course, I _think_ the problem comes from udev, I have no idea what
11 to try to diaagnose it further. Has anybody seen anything like this?
12
13 Running sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-2.6.15-r1 (supplies the ALSA
14 drivers), sys-fs/udev-084, media-libs/alsa-lib-1.0.10,
15 media-sound/alsa-utils-1.0.10, media-sound/alsa-tools-1.0.10 on a
16 Tibook rev. IV (PowerBook3,5).
17
18 Many thanks in advance,
19 Stefan
22 If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
23 it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.
24 --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
25 --
26 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list