From: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] hda/hdc
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 21:10:41
On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 18:57 +0100, Michael Hanselmann wrote:
> Can you please post the kernel output, which you gather using > netconsole, on an http server? I guess your kernel is missing some > option, but I'm not sure which. Did you only check /dev/hd* or also what > dmesg said?
I think I may have found the problem --> CMD646! It turns out that I had not enabled support for the IDE interface in the kernel. The lspci output was kind of obscure in helping me with this, but the dmesg of the live CD gave me the clue! Thanks to Michael and to Nathan for your help! I am now inside a shiny new ppc environment on my shiny old G3 :)