From: JOAN MASSICH VALL <u1048183@××××××××××.es>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] pbbuttonsd question
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 14:39:41
1 Do you have working the lcd brightness??, what kind of grafic card do you
2 have?. I'm using a 12" pbook 867Mhz with a gentoo from two years ago and I
3 don't check hardware configuration since a long time ago. Is the nvidia
4 and lcd light runing??
5
6 tnks, (& sorry for my english)
7
8 > I am running gentoo on a 15" aluminum powerbook. I am using the
9 > 2.6.16.r kernel and pbbuttonsd 0.7.4. I have been going over the man
10 > pages & online documentation but cannot figure out how to get the
11 > illuminated keyboard working. pbbuttonsd does not error during load.
12 > The pbbuttonsd.conf file has not been modified from the default at the
13 > moment. i2c-dev is compiled into the kernel, not as a module. The LCD
14 > brightness buttons work but the keyboard light buttons dont. The
15 > ambient light sensor appears to working because the lcd automatically
16 > adjusts brightness when I turn out the lights. There are 8 i2c devices
17 > in /dev.
18 >
19 > What dependencies does i2c have? what dependencies does pbbuttonsd have?
20 >
21 > Thanks for your input...
22 >
23 > Eric Robertson