From: Rob Raines <rraines@××××××××.com>
To: gentooppc-user@g.o
Subject: [gentooppc-user] Oldworld boot problems.
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 02:28:01
1 I know most of you out there have New World machines, however hopefully
2 someone can help me with my predicament. No matter what I do I get this
3 line.
4
5 Freeing unused kernal memory.
6 Warning: unable to open initial console
7 Kernal Panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernal.
8 <0>Rebooting in 180 seconds..
9
10 I have a 6500 PPC and I've downloaded the gentoo install cd, extracted
11 bootx, vmlinux, and initrd.gz on my Hard Disk. I added "ramdisk_size=22000"
12 to the kernal arguments line menu because the Bootx for some reason reverts
13 the disk size to it's default 8192, however this should not be an issue
14 because the mandrake installer uses this in the wrapper script and it always
15 works just fine. Then I go to the options menu and choose the initrd.gz as
16 the ramdisk and try to boot up. Then I get that message, get mad, and
17 scream at my monitor =). My vocal cords can't take much more abuse so
18 someone please help me.
19
20 Rob...