From: "Jörg Lühmann" <lofwyr@×××.com>
To: gentooppc-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-user] Re: rsync not working.
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 04:16:20
Thats right Cliff. I was a bit confused by this also. I found no
documentation about this problem. So, I installed suse first, created the
partitions and could use them for gentoo.
Another problem i encountered: During emerge system, the buildung of rsync
fails, leading to an abort of emerge system. Remember, i used a library of
suse to fix the earlier problem with rsync. Maybe this has something to do
with it. Or rsync is just broken.

Solution: put rsync out of the buildung process for emerge system. rsync is
already available in the newest version. Why build a new one? In order to do
so you have to edit the packages file in the
/usr/portage/profiles/default-ppc directory. Just delete the star in front
of *net-misc/rsync.

Oh, BTW: mac-fdisk is available after emerge sync :-)

Have fun