From: Michael.J.E.Swift@Dartmouth.EDU (Michael J. E. Swift)
To: klhee@×××××××.edu, gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] installation problem
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 22:10:14
1 --- Kyung-suk Lhee wrote:
2 hi,
3 I can't boot the PPC LiveCD. when I type in the 'G4'
4 at the 'boot:' prompt, the screen freezes. I tried
5 'G4 -safe' also but didn't work.
6
7 my machine is G4 with GeForce2 Twinview AGP graphics
8 card and ~20 inch cinema display monitor.
9
10 I really appreciate for help on this. thanks!
11 -ks
12 --- end of quote ---
13 I've had a similar problem. When I specify "G4 video=rivafb" my display crashes, but everything loads ok and it can be rebooted with ctrl-alt-del. However, if I use "video=ofonly", the open firmware mode, the video works fine, but it hangs when it tries to mount the /proc (the first option in the gentoo startup run levels). Any ideas why this is?
16 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list