From: "Crístian Viana" <cristiandeives@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] install ISO not bootable
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 19:53:13
1 is there any way I can boot the CD through yaboot? I'm not familiar with
2 this program. I googled about it and I found out I can type something like:
3
4 cd:1,/boot/yaboot
5
6 but that doesn't work for me. I guess it has something to do with the "boot"
7 directory on the ISO image, but I don't know if I can point to other file
8 (like /boot/ibmpower).
9
10 any other suggestion of how to boot will be appreciated, when the CD doesn't
11 boot itself. there's a Red Hat already installed on the machine, if it
12 helps. and I think the floppy drive isn't working, so I can't use it (it
13 shows input/output errors when I try to access some disks). so my options
14 are: use yaboot to boot the CD, do a network install (never done it) or use
15 the existing Linux. any idea?
16
17 see you,
18