From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Re: New install - Unable to get my ppc Mac Mini to boot the root partition
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 20:04:18
1 On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 12:17 PM, Joe Fox <jwfoxjr@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Mark,
3 >
4 > Can you post your /etc/fstab?  I just want to give it a once over.
5 >
6 > Thanks.
7 >
8 > Joe Fox
9 > Systems/Network Administrator
10 >
11 > Mobile# (716) 846-9308
12 > http://twitter.com/JWFoxJr
15 Thanks Joe. Here it is.
16
17 Mark
18
19 livecd ~ # cat /mnt/gentoo/etc/fstab
20 # /etc/fstab: static file system information.
21 #
22 # noatime turns off atimes for increased performance (atimes normally
23 aren't
24 # needed; notail increases performance of ReiserFS (at the expense of
25 storage
26 # efficiency). It's safe to drop the noatime options if you want and
28 # switch between notail / tail freely.
29 #
30 # The root filesystem should have a pass number of either 0 or 1.
31 # All other filesystems should have a pass number of 0 or greater than
32 1.
33 #
34 # See the manpage fstab(5) for more information.
35 #
36
38 <dump/pass>
39
40 # NOTE: If your BOOT partition is ReiserFS, add the notail option to
41 opts.
42 /dev/hda4 / ext3 noatime
43 0 1
44 /dev/hda3 none swap sw
45 0 0
46 /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom auto noauto,user 0 0
49 # glibc 2.2 and above expects tmpfs to be mounted at /dev/shm for
50 # POSIX shared memory (shm_open, shm_unlink).
51 # (tmpfs is a dynamically expandable/shrinkable ramdisk, and will
52 # use almost no memory if not populated with files)
53 proc /proc proc defaults
54 0 0
55 shm /dev/shm tmpfs
56 nodev,nosuid,noexec 0 0