From: S L <milter@××××.fr>
To: iago <iago@×××××.it>
Cc: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] getting sound (xmms/alsaplayer) to work on ibook G3
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 18:46:17
1 Hi,
2
3 On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 10:05:10PM +0000, iago wrote:
4 > I had your same problem, but I solved it using oss emulation.
5 > you should enable oss useflag and then recompile xmms, after inserting
6 > the right modules in your .config
7 > I don't know a better solution, but at least I can hear a right timing
8 > for my mp3s. I should add that mplayer too works really bad with alsa as
9 > audio output, on my system.
12 Thanks : using OSS solves indeed the problem (worth being added to the
13 FAQ).
14 There is a second solution : changing ALSA default timers : as
15 mentioned on http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=162622 :
16 <<
17 XMMS works too but you have to manually change the output plugin to ALSA
18 and change its configuration : set the Buffer time to 3000ms and the Period
19 time to 500ms.
22 Hope it can help other Gentoo ibook users.
23
24 Regards,
25
26 SL/