From: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] hda/hdc
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 16:38:17
On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 11:03 +0100, Michael Hanselmann wrote:
> Yes, netconsole as described in Documentation/networking/netconsole.txt.
OK - now I'm really baffled - I've tried again but this time I used genkernel. However, even the genkerneled kernel can't seem to detect my hard drive! This time I was allowed to drop to a shell and the only hd* was hda, my cdrom. The thing that's killing me is that the gentoo boot cd is obviously able to do it, and I even copied the config from that cd over as per the genkernel instructions, still to no avail. Nathan, you mentioned having just installed on a blue&white - I assume that these machines are enough similar that the config that you used should be good enough to work for me too - do you think you could send me your .config off list so I can try that out? Randy Barlow The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found. -- Calvin Trillin -- gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] hda/hdc Michael Hanselmann <hansmi@g.o>
Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] hda/hdc Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>