From: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] hda/hdc
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 16:38:17
1 On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 11:03 +0100, Michael Hanselmann wrote:
2 > Yes, netconsole as described in Documentation/networking/netconsole.txt.
3
4 OK - now I'm really baffled - I've tried again but this time I used
5 genkernel. However, even the genkerneled kernel can't seem to detect my
6 hard drive! This time I was allowed to drop to a shell and the only hd*
7 was hda, my cdrom. The thing that's killing me is that the gentoo boot
8 cd is obviously able to do it, and I even copied the config from that cd
9 over as per the genkernel instructions, still to no avail.
10
11 Nathan, you mentioned having just installed on a blue&white - I assume
12 that these machines are enough similar that the config that you used
13 should be good enough to work for me too - do you think you could send
14 me your .config off list so I can try that out?
15
16 Randy Barlow
17 http://www.electronsweatshop.com
18 The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she
19 served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never
20 been found. -- Calvin Trillin
23 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list