From: Ruben <Ruben.Vandeginste@××××××××××××××.be>
To: shay.stowe@××××××××××.com
Cc: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] iBook G4 & ALSA
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:33:39
1 At Wed, 28 Jul 2004 14:12:14 +0100,
2 shay.stowe@××××××××××.com wrote:
3 >
4 > I cannot seem to get ALSA to work on my iBook G4 2003 800Mhz.
5 > DMA is picking up the in built soundcard and I am getting audio in KDE but
6 > it is very tinny.
7 > I have been through the documentation and installed all of the relevent
8 > modules as part of the kernel (2.6.7).
9 >
10 > Any time I try to run alsasound I get a Fatal Message around the
11 > snd-powermac load.
12 > Should this be trying to load if it was built as part of the kernel ?
13 >
14 > I have tried rebuilding the kernel with all of the sound components as
15 > modules and loading them but
16 > this still produces the same results as the snd-powermac still fails to
17 > load even though it is present (Device not found)
18
19 Maybe reading this thread in the forums will help ?
20
21 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=193294
22
23 and this one
24
25 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=195227
26
27 If you say it says "device not found", that sounds like the OSS sound
28 driver already 'claimed' the sound device. The fatal message might be
29 because you don't have the i2c modules loaded ?
30
31 Hope this helps,
32
33 Ruben