From: Michael Moore <stuporglue@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Mac mini ?
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 16:27:12
1 > > I am seriously considering buying a mac mini to dual boot w/Gentoo, but
2 > > wanted to see if all the hype it got on GWN is really true. If you are
3 > > using a mac mini and dual booting w/OS X are you happy running Gentoo on
4 > > this machine or are there caveats?
5 >
6 > i have a mini, but i'm not happy with linux. The picture quality is
7 > worst than under OSX (via analog monitor). I don't know, if bluetooth is
8 > working and sound only with patches. One of the big thing i miss, are
9 > the ATI drivers. The Xorg drivers are very slow and it doesn't make fun
10 > under KDE, so better to use icewm/XFCE/fvwm etc.
11
12 ATI/Video will probably be the same or similar with any Mac though,
13 possibly the same with bluetooth. Sound works alright on my iBook G4
14 --
15 Michael Moore
17 www.stuporglue.com
20 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list