From: Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] Gentoo on an IBM pSeries 615 (64bit POWER4+ CPU)
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 17:00:53
1 Hi folks,
2
3 Any ideas on getting Gentoo installed on an IBM pSeries 615, which comes
4 with a 64-bit POWER4+ CPU?
5
6 We've tried the install-universal-ppc-2004.0.iso and
7 install-minimal-ppc-2004.0.iso images from a mirror as instructed in the
8 ppc installation manual, but the server doesn't recognize the CD as
9 bootable and so reports "No Operating System Installed". The server
10 can, however, boot its own diagnostics CD.
11
12 Seems like this thing wants ppc64, but there's no official ppc64 LiveCD
13 for Gentoo yet.
14
15 I am _really_ hoping to avoid having to put RedHat on these things. I
16 much prefer using a single distro, and I like Gentoo. :-(
17
18 Perhaps there's some well-kept secret PPC64 LiveCD distro out there?
19
20 Ciao,
21 Sheldon.
25 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list