From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Gentoo ppc - still supported?
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 01:05:11
On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 4:02 PM, Joseph Jezak <josejx@g.o> wrote:
>  On 08/25/10 20:31, Mark Knecht wrote: >> I was going to download a new iso today. My old PowerPC Mac Mini needs >> to be rebuilt and it's so far out of date I figured I'd just do it >> from scratch. Anyway, it seems that all the other architectures have >> fairly recent iso image dates while the PowerPC seems to be a year >> old. >> >> >> >> Or maybe this is just a date problem on the files or something. >> >> - Mark >> >> > No, it's my fault. I've been meaning to fix the autobuilds for PowerPC, > but I completely forgot that they were broken. I'll look into it this > weekend. > > The hardware hasn't really changed much though, it should be fine to > boot with the latest CD there and use the current stage to install. The > stages themselves should be up to date. > > -Joe
Hi Joe, Thanks very much for the answer. In my case it looks like I'm sorry I woke you up. I tried the most recent 2009 CD as well as the 2007 CD I built the machine with the first time. Looks like this Mac Mini has gone down hard - bad disk at least, possibly bad memory. I'm not sure it's worth my effort to fix it as it's so very slow. Anyway, I appreciate the answer and wish you all the best. Thanks for your efforts. Cheers, Mark

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Gentoo ppc - still supported? Terin Stock <terinstock@×××××××××.net>