From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Gentoo ppc - still supported?
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 01:05:11
1 On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 4:02 PM, Joseph Jezak <josejx@g.o> wrote:
2 >  On 08/25/10 20:31, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >> I was going to download a new iso today. My old PowerPC Mac Mini needs
4 >> to be rebuilt and it's so far out of date I figured I'd just do it
5 >> from scratch. Anyway, it seems that all the other architectures have
6 >> fairly recent iso image dates while the PowerPC seems to be a year
7 >> old.
8 >>
9 >> http://mirrors.kernel.org/gentoo/releases/ppc/autobuilds/current-iso/
10 >>
11 >> Or maybe this is just a date problem on the files or something.
12 >>
13 >> - Mark
16 > No, it's my fault. I've been meaning to fix the autobuilds for PowerPC,
17 > but I completely forgot that they were broken. I'll look into it this
18 > weekend.
19 >
20 > The hardware hasn't really changed much though, it should be fine to
21 > boot with the latest CD there and use the current stage to install. The
22 > stages themselves should be up to date.
23 >
24 > -Joe
25
26 Hi Joe,
27 Thanks very much for the answer. In my case it looks like I'm sorry
28 I woke you up. I tried the most recent 2009 CD as well as the 2007 CD
29 I built the machine with the first time. Looks like this Mac Mini has
30 gone down hard - bad disk at least, possibly bad memory. I'm not sure
31 it's worth my effort to fix it as it's so very slow.
32
33 Anyway, I appreciate the answer and wish you all the best. Thanks
34 for your efforts.
35
36 Cheers,
37 Mark