From: Eric Robertson <ericrobe@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] pbbuttonsd question
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 15:27:05
1 I am running gentoo on a 15" aluminum powerbook. I am using the
2 2.6.16.r5 kernel and pbbuttonsd 0.7.4. I have been going over the man
3 pages & online documentation but cannot figure out how to get the
4 illuminated keyboard working. pbbuttonsd does not error during load.
5 The pbbuttonsd.conf file has not been modified from the default at the
6 moment. i2c-dev is compiled into the kernel, not as a module. The LCD
7 brightness buttons work but the keyboard light buttons dont. The
8 ambient light sensor appears to working because the lcd automatically
9 adjusts brightness when I turn out the lights. There are 8 i2c devices
10 in /dev.
11
12 What dependencies does i2c have? what dependencies does pbbuttonsd have?
13
14 Thanks for your input...
15
16 Eric Robertson