From: Mike S <michael_six@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] time
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 19:59:44
1 Przemys³aw Maci±g wrote:
2
3 >Dnia 10-08-2005, ¶ro o godzinie 01:53 -0700, Mike S napisa³(a):
6 >>Just as a follow up to this I did an emerge -DN world the other day and
7 >>apparently my /etc was restructured from what it was originally. CLOCK
8 >>used to be set in the /etc/rc.conf, but now it is not and I do have an
9 >>/etc/conf.d/clock that I set to local instead of UTC. I also had to
10 >>play around with the clock in gnome also but I think it is working fine
11 >>now. I have my timezone set in /etc/local and in the gnome clock, and
12 >>the time is displayed properly. The emails seem to be coming in at the
13 >>right times and such, so I just wanted to say thanks for the help.
17 >It's good that it works now!
18 >
19 >anyway - for short ending comment - CLOCK was removed from rc.conf and
20 >moved to /etc/conf.d/clock some time ago - few months? ;))
21 >
22 >I would say that you haven't done any updates for a while (before that
23 >one :) ).
24 >
25 >It's good it works now!
26 >
27 >Cheers,
28 >Przemek
32 You're right. I have only been using gentoo for two weeks, I installed
33 it and built the rest from the stage 3 tarball on the 2005.0 live cd and
34 three days ago was the first emerge world I did
35
36 Thanks,
37 --Mike S
38 --